Goleman, Author. More By and About This Author.
Buy this book. Zeebra Books.
Show other formats. Discover what to read next.
The Most Anticipated Books of Fall PW Picks: Books of the Week. After thoroughly explaining these two different pathways, Goleman uses both of them throughout the rest of the book to illuminate and reinforce his points. Social Intelligence has six separate sections, each of which has Goleman breaking down the neuroscience of various human interactions.
Social Intelligence : The New Science Of Human Relationships
In the first section Goleman addresses human's basic needs to connect with one another. In the next section he breaks down the character traits that lead us to have unhealthy relationships. In the third section Goleman takes on the ageless 'nature versus nurture' debate.
- Public Sector Enterprises in India: The Impact of Disinvestment and Self Obligation on Financial Performance!
- SearchWorks Catalog!
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships;
- Making Money in Forex: Trade Like a Pro Without Giving Up Your Day Job;
- MOSFET modeling & BSIM3 user’s guide!
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships - Daniel Goleman - Google книги;
Goleman doesn't chose a side on this hot-button issue, instead he uses neuroscience to show how both play in a role in the type of people we become. In the fourth section, Goleman looks at how human's neurological system reacts to being in love.
- Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life?
- Beer: A Quality Perspective (Handbook of Alcoholic Beverages)!
- Recently Viewed.
- Account Options.
- Library Resource Finder: Table of Contents for: Social intelligence : the new science of.
- Customer Reviews;
In one of the more illuminating parts of the section, Goleman shows that being in love activates the same sectors of the brain as heroin does! In the fifth section, he examines the effects that personal relationships have on our health. While it may seem obvious, positive relationships have a tremendous effect on our health, while negative relationships lead to stress and the numerous health concerns that come with it.
In the final section of the book, Goleman examines how this new information on our social relationships could help change our personal and professional lives. Utilizing all the information that he has just gone over, Goleman also wonders what our world might look like if we placed healthy social relationships as the most important part of our lives, and as a society as a whole.
Social intelligence - Wikipedia
Read more from the Study Guide. Browse all BookRags Study Guides. All rights reserved.
Toggle navigation. Sign Up. Sign In. View the Study Pack.